Manufacturing was the economic growth engine of United States. It created high paying jobs, high living standards, national wealth, provided a strong military for national defense, and added to tax revenues.
Manufacturing has been the basis for research and development and defense weapons. It once represented more than 28% of the jobs in the U.S. Although the absolute number of jobs in American manufacturing was rather constant at about 17 million from 1969 to 2002, manufacturing’s share of jobs has continued to decline from about 28% in 1962 to less than 8% in 2014. Unfortunately, the dramatic decline in U.S. manufacturing in the 21st century has also caused a decline in Super Power status which has created a far more dangerous world.
A more obvious force reducing jobs in American manufacturing has been the extreme growth in China’s economy. It exports of a large variety of cheap manufactured goods. The never ending recession has cut jobs in all sectors of the American economy, but especially in factories.
New technologies won’t bring back manufacturing and it will never recover to its peak since automation has replaced the manual labor jobs. However, these technologies will require higher skilled labor which will equate to better paid workers. Productivity gains have decreased manufacturing employment but with higher productivity comes lower prices of manufactured goods.
How and why did this occur?
During the Clinton administration “Common Sense” trade policies were compromised. “FAIR and BALANCED” trade policies were replaced with “FREE & IMBALANCED” trade policies that benefited big multi-national corporations who bought politicians to do their bidding. Everything was “for sale” in Washington DC and our government. Bill & Hillary Clinton SOLD OUT their country and citizens for personal gain.
The Clinton Administration’s two flagship trade agreements (NAFTA and PNTR ) were misrepresented to the American people. They were touted as bringing millions of jobs and higher prosperity to the United States. The results shown thru history and reality now show that they debased and destroyed U.S. manufacturing and the private sector.
Americans were warned many times regarding the actions of the Clinton Administration. These policies set off a chain reaction that has resulted in a mass exodus of U.S. companies, jobs, products, technology, and manufacturing along with highly guarded Trade Secrets and loss of our military secrets to enemies.
In fact, Bill Clinton even sold U.S. Top Secret Ballistic Missile technology to RED CHINA. (The President Overrode China Launch Concerns). This technology was developed and perfected by U.S. companies and then transferred to foreign nations who are enemies bent on destroying the United States.
The detrimental Clinton policies have resulted in the loss of more than 100,000 U.S. manufacturing companies from the United States since 2000 and more than 3 million U.S. jobs. Click on this link to see a “damage report“.
A former Republican candidate for President, Ross Perot said it best during one 1992 Presidential debate (shown below) saying “There will be a Great Sucking Sound as American JOBS and wealth leave the country if the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) was ratified”. His statement was right on target.
A note regarding NAFTA and the Bush Administration.
It was not a “new” agenda. Former President George H.W. Bush had been working to remove the borders between the United States and Mexico since 1953. The following article clearly exposes this agenda. The Bush Dynasty’s Central Project Since 1953: Integrating Mexico Into The North American Economy.
The De-Industrialization Of America
The United States is the very first “post-industrial” nation on the globe. All great economic empires eventually become fat and lazy and squander their great wealth. However, the pace at which the U.S. has declined is beyond comprehension. Thousands of factories have closed and left the United States. The once high paying manufacturing jobs are all gone leaving the United States with over 92 million UNEMPLOYED citizens.
As more citizens are added to the U.S. it is fast becoming a Socialist welfare state. The United States is a nation that consumes everything in sight producing increasingly little. The biggest U.S. export today is Waste paper. Trash is the number one thing shipped out to the rest of the world as we voraciously blow our money on whatever the rest of the world wants to sell to us. The largest debt in the history has been amassed in an effort to maintain a high level, non-sustainable standard of living.
- The United States has lost more than 100,000 factories since 2000. Seventy-five percent of those factories employed in excess of five hundred people when they were still in operation.
- Dell Inc., one of the U.S.’s largest manufacturers of computers, announced plans to dramatically expand its operations in Red China with an investment of over $100 billion over the next decade.
- Dell also announced the closing of its last large U.S. manufacturing facility in Winston-Salem , North Carolina in November. Nine hundred jobs will be lost.
- In 2008, 1.2 billion cell phones were sold worldwide. There are now NO cell phones produced in the U.S.
- The latest study conducted by the Economic Policy Institute, the U.S. trade deficit with China continues to increase at its current rate, the U.S. economy will lose over half a million jobs this year alone.
- As of the end of July 2010, the U.S. trade deficit with China had risen 18 percent compared to the same time period a year ago.
- The United States has lost a total of about 5.5 million manufacturing jobs since October 2000.
- According to Tax Notes, between 1999 and 2008 employment at the foreign affiliates of U.S. parent companies increased an astounding 30 percent to 10.1 million. During that exact same time period, U.S. employment at American multinational corporations declined 8 percent to 21.1 million.
- In 1959, manufacturing represented 28 percent of U.S. economic output. In 2008, it represented 11.5 percent.
- Ford Motor Company recently announced the closure of a factory that produces the Ford Ranger in St. Paul , Minnesota . Approximately 750 good paying middle class jobs are going to be lost because making Ford Rangers in Minnesota does not fit in with Ford’s new “global” manufacturing strategy.
- As of the end of 2009, less than 12 million Americans worked in manufacturing. The last time less than 12 million Americans were employed in manufacturing was in 1941.
- In the United States today, consumption accounts for 70 percent of GDP. Of this 70 percent, over half is spent on services.
- The United States has lost a whopping 32 percent of its manufacturing jobs since the year 2000.
- In 2001, the United States ranked fourth in the world in per capita broadband Internet use. Today it ranks 15th.
- Manufacturing employment in the U.S. computer industry is actually lower in 2010 than it was in 1975.
- Printed circuit boards are used in tens of thousands of different products. Asia now produces 84 percent of them worldwide.
- The United States spends approximately $3.90 on Chinese goods for every $1 that the Chinese spend on goods from the United States.
- One prominent economist is projecting that the Chinese economy will be three times larger than the U.S. economy by the year 2040.
- The U.S. Census Bureau says that 53 million Americans now live in poverty and according to them that is the highest number of poor Americans in the years that records have been kept.
No wonder there are less JOBS in the United States!
U.S. companies fail because they are not competitive with the foreign “government owned” or “subsidized” companies.
- So called “Trading Partners” use “industrial espionage” tactics to steal product technology developed by American companies.
- They reproduce U.S. products blatantly violating patent and copyright laws.
- They undervalue these products in the market to bankrupt the U.S. competition.
- NO LEGAL or ECONOMIC defense is provided for U.S. companies.
- U.S. Manufacturers cannot compete and close down rapidly.
- Fifteen percent of U.S. Tool shops have disappeared.
Weekly Auction Notice Update: Industrial Times Inc
- Each company failure carries a backlash felt nationwide. These losses eventually trickle up to cause a total collapse of the financial system. China now demands U.S. land as payment for U.S. debt.
- National Security is compromised as U.S. technology companies are allowed to be purchased by FOREIGN ENEMIES. That technology is being used against the U.S. military and nation. The DoD has reported that the U.S. has lost its ability and capacity to supply VITAL defense weapons to the military. There is a heavy reliance upon foreign sources for basic defense weapons, engineering, research, development, and manufacturing capacity.
U.S. manufacturing has dipped below 1940 levels. The U.S. military is at “pre-WWII levels” with the U.S. Navy at pre-WWI levels.
- Clinton was involved in the weakening of the U.S.A. and COMPROMISING YOUR NATIONAL SECURITY.
- Bush 43 signed a Security and Prosperity Partnership with Canada & Mexico he called for the eventual removal of borders between the three North American nations. The intent of this “agreement” is to form a single continent country i.e. “North American Union“.
- The “agreement” undermines and threatens U.S. sovereignty, the U.S. Constitution, Bill of Rights, and individual Freedom. RATIFICATION was NOT required by other branches of government for “agreements” as it is only Treaties that need ratification.
- The agenda being promoted is clearly for a “One World” government. Those involved in the Free Trade Agenda (and who are ranking officials in the Federal Government) are listed as members in the Council on Foreign Relations (CFR) a “brain trust” that claims to know what is best for the world.
- U.S. sovereignty has been violated as U.S. Trade is governed by the World Trade Organization NOT by the U.S. Congress, Senate, or President. U.S. citizens face defective and toxic imported products as U.S. Laws and product standards do NOT apply in third world slave nations.
- Should the Trans Pacific Partnership (TPP) be passed by the Congress it will give our self governing powers away to a foreign government entity. Take action AGAINST TPP here.
- Import inspectors are unable to enforce U.S. standards. The massive amount of products that are being dumped at the ports of entry are causing great harm to consumers that are unknowingly exposed to toxins chemicals contained in these products. Consumers have no legal recourse as the suppliers exist beyond the borders and jurisdiction of U.S. courts.
- The Obama “Fundamental Change” promised voters it would be different from past administrations. His far left approach has proven far worse as long sworn enemies of United States praised his “dictator” style. Obama appointed the same Clinton personnel responsible for causing the Free Trade disaster.
Wages for the average U.S. worker are in a GRAVEYARD spiral with NO means of recovery.
- Congress and Senate have demonstrated “intentional incompetence” by their failure to read legislative bills prior to voting upon them. Blindly voting in favor of legislation based on “party affiliation” has proven CLEARLY it was NOT in the best interest of the United States. There have been grave consequences for the nation.
- Illegal Immigrants Take Citizens Jobs: Incompetence and ignorance has been demonstrated by those in the Congress & Senate who voted to expand the H1B VISA program instead of reducing it. This legislation allows 140,000 additional FOREIGN WORKERS into the United States to compete with unemployed Americans for the remaining jobs left in the U.S. Current unemployment / underemployment figures are 19 – 30% in most states.
- Unemployed citizens face additional competition from “illegal” aliens because the U.S. government refuses to enforce immigration laws. Millions of ILLEGAL ALIENS have been allowed to flood into the country, medically unscreened, bringing once eradicated diseases. The health system of the U.S. is overwhelmed.
- Bio-terror possibilities are compounded as illegal aliens work within the food supply and service industries. Placing illegal immigrants into these positions is the perfect location to perform a biological attack on the population. Examples of what could happen are the Swine Flu (H1N1), Tuberculosis, and Leprosy.
- The incompetence of the Secretary of Homeland Security is evident by NOT securing the borders. As Americans die from the various diseases there is no being held accountable.
Terrorism is rising to epic proportions on the streets of the U.S. as the overall number of Islamic mosques in the United States quietly rose from 1,209 in 2000 to 2,106 in 2010, an increase of 74%. The “Ground Zero mosque“, a planned mosque in lower Manhattan, was the subject of controversy from 2010 on. List of mosques in the United States. As their numbers increase they are NOT assimilating and are demanding more and more rights and are NOT even citizens.
- The Mexican government and other foreign governments have distributed numerous “handbooks” to Foreign Nationals regarding methods to gain asylum and access to, (and how to abuse) services intended for legal citizens within the United States. Social services are denied to citizens while illegal aliens overload and abuse the system. Illegal aliens receive FREE Social Security benefits, Medical Benefits, Food Stamps, College, and a host of other BENEFITS. Illegal aliens purchase false documentation on city streets for few dollars and carry multiple ID’s.
- False I.D.’s can be easily obtained by gang members working for cemeteries. They steal identities of deceased citizens from Death Certificates that provide all the information needed to enable Illegal Aliens the ability to vote in U.S. elections and change U.S. laws. The IGNORANCE of law enforcement and / or the “intentional incompetence” of public officials ranks at the same level as TREASON. Crime is exploding as illegal aliens involved in drug gangs intimidate and terrify communities. Breaking the law is nothing new to them as they broke the law entering the country.
- Since the U.S. Border patrol has been advised to “stand down” no one in the U.S. government enforces the law there is no one to stop them. Border Patrol ordered to release illegals ‘still soaking wet’ from Rio …
- An all out revolt is approaching as desperate citizens grow impatient and irritated with government inaction and corruption. The intentional incompetence and greed of Federal and State politicians who are paid off by anyone and everyone OUTSIDE the U.S. has caused the deteriorating economic conditions. The time for a peaceful resolution is nearing an end. How many more “once great manufacturing cities” will become rotting war zones like Chicago, Detroit, Ferguson and become Islamic hotbeds of terrorism. How long before it is understood that we are committing national economic suicide?
- The De-industrialization of America is a national crisis and must be treated as such.
- As the United States weakens the world and the U.S. are in grave danger.
Addressing and correcting these problems requires decisive action and participation by all American citizens.
Start by getting educated:
- About the activities of YOUR government at all levels.
- About your Representatives and know how to contact them.
- About the political views, backgrounds, and platforms, before electing a candidate.
- About their voting records.
- Voice opinions and writing letters
- Calling and / or visit Representatives district offices.
- Protest when government actions are not in the best interest of the country.
- Hold Representatives ACCOUNTABLE.
- Vote independent NOT FOR A PARTY.
- Impose Terms Limits on incumbents by VOTING them out.
The following portable document files (PDF) documents and videos will shed light regarding TRADE agreements that have caused harm to the U.S..
- North American Free Trade Agreement
- The high price of ‘free’ trade / NAFTA’s failure has cost the United States / jobs across the nation
- The Truth About the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA)